Dr. Iris' Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Made this for dinner last night, and it turned out so well that I HAD to share it with you guys! I had been meaning to make this for months now, and finally got around to it. It was surprisingly easy to make (especially since I cut out the step of processing the cauliflower by getting riced cauliflower from Trader Joe's)!
Funny thing is this satisfied my pizza cravings completely and I didn't even miss the carbs! And you can't even taste the cauliflower - only the seasoning! Texture is also great too - does not feel grainy at all.
SERVINGS: Makes 3 servings (2 pieces each)
CONTAINERS: 2 blue, 2 yellow, 1/2 red
• 2 1/2-3 cup riced, then cooked cauliflower (or riced cauliflower from Trader Joe's to save time)
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings (I used 21 seasoning salute from Trader Joe's)
• 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for topping)
• Pizza sauce & toppings of your choice
1. To rice the cauliflower, cut florets into chunks and pulse in a food processor until you see rice-like bits. You can also use a cheese grater to produce the tiny pieces. DO NOT over-process though or it'll become mush! --> save time by simply buying a bag of riced cauliflower from Trader Joe's!
2. Microwave the riced cauliflower in a bowl for 3-5 minutes depending on your microwave. No need to add water!
3. After microwaving, transfer riced cauliflower to a fine mesh strainer and drain completely, gently pressing out excess water.
4. Once drained, transfer riced cauliflower to a clean dish towel and wrap the sides around the cauliflower while gently pressing out excess water. This drying process is important (it'll make the crust more crispy instead of soggy)!
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray).
6. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, 1 egg, and Parmesan cheese. Next, add Italian
seasonings and salt. Making sure everything is well mixed, place your “dough” on the cookie sheet and pat out a 9″ round or make a rectangular shape. Be sure not to press it too thin as it’s easy to create holes or too thick or it won't be as crispy.
7. Bake your dough at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven. Add sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite toppings to your pizza, and put back into the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
ENJOY! Make sure to tag me on Facebook/Instagram if you make it yourself! @driristian