I'm always looking for healthier versions of unhealthy foods, because I'm a total foodie, and I have the mentality that we shouldn't sacrifice taste for health. I always see my step-dad eating the Perdue chicken tenders but those are breaded and filled with preservatives and unnecessary ingredients, so I decided to make my own to satisfy my cravings without breaking my healthy nutrition plan!
I got all my ingredients from Trader Joe's (they have chicken tenders already cut up for you!)
Oven-Baked Panko-crusted Chicken Tenders
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15-20 min
Total time: 30-35 min
- Chicken tenders (Trader Joe's) or chicken breasts (cut into smaller/thinner slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle of salt, pepper
- OPTIONAL: chili powder, curry powder, nutritional yeast (for extra nutrients), etc.
- If you feel like your chicken needs tenderizing, you can but with the chicken tenders, I didn't feel like it was necessary.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line up your chicken, then bowl of eggs, seasoned panko crumbs, and a cookie sheet sprayed with coconut oil spray
- Dip your chicken tender one by one into the egg yolks
- Coat evenly with panko crumbs
- Re-dip and coat if you want more breading (would be crispier)
- Place onto cookie sheets and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the breading is browned and crispy-looking
ENJOY!! The chicken turned out to be just right! Juicy and tender! SUCCESS.
CONTAINERS: 2 chicken tenders = 1.5 red, 1 yellow
I'd love to see your photos! Tag me on Facebook or Instagram (@driristian)!
If you want to watch the process: