My Journey - Mind, Body, & Spirit
Follow me through my journey from February 1st, 2016 until now...
The beginning: Day 1 - Feb 1st, 2016
This was the old Iris. I had gained 30lbs in 1.5 years from "med school stress," and weighed the heaviest I had ever weighed in my life. I was desperate for a change. Here I was, unsatisfied with where I was in life despite the fact that I was about to graduate medical school and become a doctor, which was my dream since I was a little girl!
The old Iris:
- Was depressed and miserable
- Felt a void in her life
- Hated her body
- Had NO energy despite taking multiple naps & drinking multiple cups of coffee/tea
- Could not fit into any of her clothes and had buy a whole new wardrobe for residency interviews
- Was carrying around 30 extra pounds
- Ate her feelings (junk food, soda, etc.)
- Tried fad diets that only led to yo-yo dieting and weight gain right afterwards
- Had NO self-confidence
- Always wondered what everyone thought of her or was saying behind her back
- Wanted to please everyone in every way possible
- Was afraid to say “no”
- Was someone I was sick and tired of being
PHYSICAL, mental, and emotional transformations
Even 2 weeks into my Challenge Group, I started to feel:
- A lot more energy!
- Healthier skin, hair, & nail growth
- Happy and more positive
I saw my weight decrease on the scale but what was more amazing was how many inches I was losing around my hips & waist, which are my problem areas!
I couldn't believe my results by the end of just 6 weeks. I lost 6.8lbs & 7.1 inches - simply by making a lifestyle change and working out for 30 min/day.
As I shared my progress on social media, people were actually reaching out to me and asking me what I was doing to get results and that I had become so much happier and more positive!
From month to month...
After I finished my 1st program, I didn't stop. With every single program that I completed, I felt stronger and healthier.
Some days were harder than others...I will admit, I had way more cheat meals than I should have had and skipped a few workouts here and there. But I always tried to stay positive by making sure I got at least 10-15 minutes of personal development every day. When I had "bad days" and had people telling me I couldn't do it, I reminded myself of "why" I started.
I never wanted to go back to the lowest point in my life, and so I kept going.
So much has changed over the last year! I have grown so much, not just physically but also mentally and emotionally, which I didn't think was possible!
Today, the new Iris:
- Am as happy as can be!
- No longer feel a void in my life
- Love my body
- Have an abundance of energy despite working 80+hrs/wk and even after 24-hour calls!
- Can fit into clothes I couldn’t even wear back in early college
- Lost ALL 30lbs of the medical school stress weight and gained some back in muscle mass
- Still eat my feelings sometimes but have allotted cheat meals every week!
- Will not try any more fad diets because I know that leading a healthy, balanced lifestyle is the only way to go
- Am confident in myself and my abilities for the first time in my life!
- No longer wonder what everyone else is thinking about me (<-- this has been such a relief!)
- No longer aiming to please everyone I know but only those who matter
- Am no longer afraid to say “no”
- Am the person whom I've always desired to be!
So that's a little bit about my journey...
Because I have had tremendous success with these programs and the support I got from Challenge Groups, I feel as though it would be a disservice not to share it with you and everyone I care about.
So if you're sitting there wondering, "Can I do that?" or "I want to change but don't know where to begin!" I would love to help you out and have you in my next Challenge Group. Just click below!